Monday, July 20, 2015

Do Re Mi, A B C, 1 2 3...[July 20, 2015]

This week was crazy full of miracles...and I'll tell you why. It started off with an email from my last companion that just said, Xan's getting baptized this Saturday, do you think you can come? Xanadu is
an investigator we met in Topeka months ago. The elders first knocked on her door and they started teaching her roommate and passed her to us. (The roommate is the girl that ran away awhile back) well after she was gone, Xan was still insistent we stop by to still see her. It's complicated...but we both felt prompted that was the right course of action.
 

Xan is the one that we met in the morning on the day that we were challenged to have someone pray for us that we would have a miracle and after the miracle happened we would report back to them. She prayed  for us and when we called her that night with the miracle, she started with...this better be about a miracle!
 

Well, the rule is that if its within a hundred miles and you have a member ride, you can go to a former investigators baptism and I had everything all figured out when the Zone Leaders told me that it was cleared with the APs that I could go.....as long as we hit standard before then. I had forgotten about that part of it...and it was Wednesday night....and we had nothing! I didn't like it when I was at home and my parents held me against things like that (ie: you can't go unless your room is clean) and now that I'm 22 and have been away from home for 4 years...you can imagine the wrath of Sister Seymour at the moment. But I sucked up my pride, and we called about a million people to set up team-ups and we visited every potential investigator that we could. One might say, we had a true sense of urgency=meeeeeruhcuuuulllls!

Miracle #1- Xan getting baptized
 

Miracle #2- We had the wrong phone number for Sister Clark (our dinner for the next day) so we didn't get the chance to call to confirm dinner until the morning of, which is when she was dying her friend's hair and that started a conversation about who we are and that she was feeding us that night, so she invited her friend, who brought her husband along with another friend and husband. 4 nonmembers and food....nothing can get better.
 

Miracle #3- Indya (our teenage investigator) is going to Girls Camp this week. They are camping in Nauvoo and watching both pageants they're doing there. We just found out yesterday that she decided to go.
 

Miracle #4- We hit standard in 2 days and we made it to the baptism! I walked in and Xan was sitting there and she must have not have seen who I was cuz she gave me a half-hearted hug and then looked at me again and she realized it and then she wouldn't let me go! Such an awesome baptism!
 

Miracle #5- Dinner on Saturday was with a family that had 2 teenage girls and one unexpectedly had her friends over and we asked if they would like to learn the background of the church and we taught lesson 1 and then on Sunday one of them came and also at church another couple invited another couple to church and they stayed all 3 hours, so we got to sit next to her at Relief Society. It was so cool! The
members here are just unbelievable.

Now for stories that are not miraculous, but what keep me going. We were playing apples to apples for FHE last week and one category was cool. Elder Howell was up and as he was deliberating he decided
against chameleons and one of the elders said, but they're cool! They change colors!! Elder Howell replied, well so does Michael Jackson! HE WINS!! As he laid down the card for Michel Jackson.
 

Another story! This ones a long one, cuz it has two parts. Well, this felt like going back to my days as a delivery driver, because the Spanish elders gave us a referral for a guy that lives across from us. Well, this house was like an apartment building, so it has a ton of doors and they didn't give us an apt number. So we went up to the front and I was looking at it and I decided it was probably one of those apartment buildings that have the front door you walk in and
it's really just a hallways with the doors to the apartments.… It wasn't one of those… So I ended up opening the door to someone's house...yeah. They didn't see though so we're all good.

We ended up knocking on the door after I awkwardly close the door and a man answered the door and said that they were going to be out of town but they were interested so we told him we would try back in a couple weeks. Well last week we tried them again and as we were at the door they have a barbecue right next to it and I glanced over and there was a bird dangling from the vent that is in the barbecue. It
looked like it was dead and I pointed it out disgustedly to Sister Duffin and then it started twitching and Sister Duffin was like, "oh we need to save it!" I just stood there looking horrified. Then I guess this is a miracle as well...the bird just flew away right in front of my face almost flying into it. It was the most scariest thing that is ever happened.

Well, that was my week. This week we don't have a car...and the weather says it'll be 110 on Saturday...pray for me!!





The young women sent me
an awesome sunshine care package! 

Xanadu's Baptism

We had a waterballoon fight with
all the missionaries in the Salina Stake
last p-day. I'm the one with the
awesome throwing form to the right...

 I forgot to send pics of
the parade we were in.


No comments:

Post a Comment