Monday, June 8, 2015

You would not believe your eyes/ If ten million fireflies/ Lit up the world as I fell asleep...[June 8, 2015]

 ...This one is for Christina (as requested)...

OWL CITY
Fireflies  
Lyrics

You would not believe your eyes
If ten million fireflies
Lit up the world as I fell asleep

'Cause they'd fill the open air
And leave teardrops everywhere
You'd think me rude
But I would just stand and stare

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay
Awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

'Cause I'd get a thousand hugs
From ten thousand lightning bugs
As they tried to teach me how to dance

A foxtrot above my head
A sock hop beneath my bed
A disco ball is just hanging by a thread

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay
Awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems
When I fall asleep

Leave my door open just a crack
(Please take me away from here)
'Cause I feel like such an insomniac
(Please take me away from here)
Why do I tire of counting sheep
(Please take me away from here)
When I'm far too tired to fall asleep

To ten million fireflies
I'm weird 'cause I hate goodbyes
I got misty eyes as they said farewell

But I'll know where several are
If my dreams get real bizarre
'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay
Awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems
When I fall asleep
 

We had pizza 4 times this week for dinner....which I'm fine with. Our air conditioning is broken...along with 13 other apartments in our complex....so we'll see when that gets fixed. One morning I was doing situps and I was taking a break, and I felt something on my thigh. So I sit up and quickly brush whatever it was off and I look and see that it was a ginormo cockroach...bleg!
On a happy note I saw for the first time this year some fireflies. We were leaving coordination around 9:20 at the church and I saw them blink and my companion couldn't see them so she thought I was going crazy. We're going to have to go catch fireflies sometime so I can prove that I really was seeing them.
Yesterday and the day before were super hard. We were knocking doors when this cute old lady answered one. We introduce ourselves as representatives of Christ and she glares at us and in the most ugliest of ways says, "Get off my porch." We were just both taken aback that she was so bluntly rude and then yells at us to get off her property. We also had a return appt with a lady we met. She said she was looking for a church and she really needs this in her life right now. Well, when we came back to sit down with her. She told us her current troubles she was going through and really opened up. We started talking about revelation and prophets and I take out the Book of Mormon and she just shuts off. We try to explain what our purpose is and how we can help her gain a greater relationship with God, which she just explained she needs and she just didn't care.
Yesterday we were talking with a girl who seemed somewhat interested, but in the midst of talking with her, her dad came home. He just went on and on about the last days and all this stuff and it was like yeah...we believe that too...look we are the LATTER day saints. He then went on how we focus too much on Joseph Smith and by that time we hadn't even mentioned him or the Book of Mormon. We show our name tags and that Christ is the center of everything and the Book of Mormon is awesome for that fact that we can learn more about Him through it. He then was like, I know you don't want to hear this, but the Bible was not to be added on. It was like yeah...cuz we haven't heard that before...and it just was terrible. Mainly, because it was 99 degrees outside and it went on for about an hour and because like everyone else who wants to Bible bash with you, they are completely cut off from the Spirit and just want to prove their point.
We had a fairly average week. We were a little low with some things and we did pretty good with others. As we were accounting to our District Leader he literally said, "So what are you sisters going to do so you never have a week like this again?" If I wasn't driving I probably would have said like, "Sorry, we didn't hear that, do you want to rephrase it?" But I just was like uh....and then he was like that was a little harsh and I was like yeah...maybe, what are you sisters going to do to improve this week? Sometimes Elders are arrogant imbeciles, but they hold the priesthood, so...we can't really baptize people without them...the two that are in our ward (E. Karchtner and Bradshaw) are possibly the best Elders that I have worked with in the same ward thus far. Honestly what makes it work is good communication.
The young women had girls camp this week, so of course all the testimonies were about that. One girl mentioned about an activity they did where they had blindfolds on and they did a walk with Christ and they shouldered a heavy board and all this stuff and I honestly feel like that pretty much every day of my mission. I know that Christ is walking with me and even He was rejected, so we are just getting a little bit of what He went through.
Love you all! Thanks for the prayers!!




No comments:

Post a Comment