Monday, October 19, 2015

I'm really sorry Stephen, but your bicycle's been stolen...[October 19, 2015]


So there was sitting down in a small room sister trumpet was next to me after FET of the Johnson was sitting facing us between us for production of sugar hands down on the table I tried using the diction feature on my iPad and obviously needs some nerd to fix it. Totes not a problem the way I talk...
[Stop right there...Phew....for a moment I thought either I or her had completely lost a mind...but the most hilarious part is that there is "totes not a problem the way I talk"...I seriously do not make this stuff up...how could I??? Dear Readers...don't worry...the saga continues. Ask yourselves is this a mission blog or more like a novel? It definitely reaches new heights this week....]


 So there I was. Sitting down in a small classroom, with Sister Chappell next to me after FHE. Elder Jones was seated facing us. He had placed a small table between us, for protection I'm sure. His hands palm down on the table. "Sister Seymour, are you going to let go of your pride? Are you going to let this go?" My arms were crossed in front of me and I placed my right hand to my forehead. My eyes started welling up. I wanted to let it go. It wasn't pride holding me to this, it was standing up for what's right and fair. It wasn't about the YMCA. It was about not letting him walk all over me. I WANTED to let it go so bad. I had tension headaches every day. I was emotionally drained. I had just asked the zone leaders for a blessing that afternoon and I had been promised that this would soon be over.
The zone leaders talked with the APs about it and they told us that we need to figure things out ourselves. Of course the zone leaders also don't know what to do about it, so it kind of was all on me. There wasn't anything I could do, his "compromise" wasn't a compromise at all and we all knew it. Would it be right for me to just let it go? How far can I go?
In that moment I felt constrained. I know we weren't alone in that room and the angels that surround us were there supporting me. Then the words of my loving mother that I read in my email that day rang in me. Don't back down. "No."

[OK...Wait a minute...Back up...Remind me...How exactly did I get drug into this little drama when I am hundreds of miles away? I seriously do not remember saying, "Don't back down"....Does that really sound like something I would say??...If I did, why does she chose this moment to start listening to me?...Ugh!!...Once again--card carrying member of  "Loser Mom of the Year Club"...(Please tell me no one in RS reads this??)...Here's hoping that this drama is all a joke that she will come home and laugh about that we all took her seriously!!....]

We didn't have any more time so I asked if we could talk about it the next day and he told me to go home and pray about it and repent.
I got home and talked with the ward elders to see what they thought. Then sought some advice from the STLs and prayed and I finally, after an extremely long week, felt peace. It was over and done. The angels silently took their notes. The bubbles in that test were filled in and whatever actions we all took in it were noted.
It was interesting, because this is the one and only thing that he would be like this over. We all have an Achilles Heel (well, technically we all have an Achilles' tendon... haha!)
Of course, the aftermath still goes on. It was bike week so Weds and Fri we woke up at 4:45 so we could bike to the Y so we had enough time to exercise before the elders came in at 6, which now means my body just wakes up at 4:45 every day :( Tues the Spanish elders were talking with Elder Jones in an interview and they brought it up and said it wasn't fair. That was right before District meeting and they got in an argument in DM which was awkward.
The cherry on top was Weds morning we were in the weight room and 5:55 rolls around and I'm facing Sister Chappell who is on a machine and there's a door with a window behind her. I see an elder peek through, but I couldn't see who it was fast enough, then I see an older guy look through. It took my early morning brain a couple secs to process it, but then I turn wide eyed to Sister Chappell....uh President is here.
No, he's not.
Uh yeah, he really is.
We awkwardly walk in the hallway and President was like its so great to see you guys up so early to exercise! What do you guys like to do? Sister Chappell mumbles, lift weights. Wow, that's awesome! Well, don't leave on our account. Haha, yeah.....
I don't know the whole story, but what I gather is E. Jones asked to go on exchanges with him and he came. Apparently, he also didn't know about the whole weight room drama because the ZLs were talking about it afterwards. Regardless we unexpectedly saw President at 6am in sweaty exercise clothes with no make up.
Nothing much has happened since. We are just trying to keep the peace.
But after all this I'm now almost positive I'm leaving. I was talking with the ZLs the other day and complaining that we have a baptism and Elder Stevenson (the new apostle) is coming to stake conference the weekend after I'm gone and they were like, "hey, it's not 100% sure you're gone....just 95% sure"...yeah.
I was thinking about it yesterday and over the past 4 and 1/2 years I have lived in 12 different wards. (Wards that I went to at least 6 weeks in a row and served in) it's no fun...the life of a nomad.
This week was hard with lots of biking and no one being home. The weather is phenomenal though. People in our apartment complex probably think I'm high all the time because every time we leave the apartment I talk a deep breathe and just marvel....it is sooooo beautiful!
Friday, we went to Wichita for a sisters conference. It was delightful. I learned a lot about myself. Sister Gomez was my STL before and she is uh-may-zing. We were in her training and she was telling us that sisters lose confidence, because we start listening to lies the adversary tells us, like I'm not good at this, no one likes me, I'm ugly. We start voicing these lies like they're truth. She then told us we need to make an honest inventory of our strengths and weaknesses. At one point she pointed out a few peoples strengths and randomly pointed at me and yelled Sister Seymour is so BOLD. (haha, some people would say that would be on my weakness list.) She's a doll though and exactly what I needed to hear.
We saw our bud from last transfer, E. Christiansen. He is in the office now and lit up when he saw us.
Now for some funny bike stories.
Both took place around 8:00 so in the dark and Kansas is too cheap for street lights( the ones that light up the street, not the ones that direct traffic) so it's really dark. Well we were biking pretty much all the way across junction and we hear this clanging and it was like we ran over a glass bottle or something. Sister Chappell joked that hopefully it wasn't something that fell off our bikes. We get there and Sister Chappell asks where her kickstand went...it's a goner.
Sister Chappell is faster than me so she was way ahead and I get to this giant truck that is parked and hide behind it to see how long it would take for Sister Chappell to notice I'm not behind her. Well this black lady comes along and mentions what is that flashing light!? It was my back light, but she curiously comes closer and all I'm thinking is she is giving away my hiding spot! Well she was very talkative and we of course go into the conversation of religion. She goes to Faith Tabernacle which could also be referred to as the great and spacious building. She was super nice though and pretty much told her life story as I was standing in the road mounted on my bike with my helmet on. Sister Chappell finally came back and told me she went all the way to our destination before she noticed I was not behind her and probably dead on the side of the road.
Well, here's to hoping that was my last bike week ever! :)
The Bohmans mission ended and it was so sad! They lived across the hall from us and have lent many a shoulder to figuratively cry on. Us and the Spanish elders helped them move. I get to be the first one to see them off the mission though! I also found out that out of the 9 people in our district I'm the only one not from Utah....yeah....




Milford Lake on the way to Wakefield

No comments:

Post a Comment